Monday, February 28, 2011

The best thing I've ever made. Really.

So, remember when I said I was going to make this?  Devil Dogs Well I did.  And it. was. amazing.

First I made this from scratch.  Way better than box.  I will never be fooled again.


Then I made this frosting "type" mixture.  I call it that because it doesn't taste like frosting, but I cannot describe it any other way.  The first two ingredients were flour and milk.  Riddle me that.


Then you put them together...which was very hard.  Mostly because the chocolate sheet cake was so moist.  (I hate that word). But again....I have no other way to describe it.


Put it together.


Up close. Cause it's so beautiful.


I made these for my father-in-law in place of a boring old birthday cake.  So, of course...


Sprinkles are in order....


That's the happiest birthday I have ever seen.  They were a hit too, everyone just basically grunted while we ate them after dinner. We ate at a hibachi grill too (where nobody EVER has any room left in their tummies from all that fried rice)...but they made room, and it was definitely worth it.  This is THE BEST thing I have ever made.  Period.  And I'm not a baker! I hate to measure! I hate worrying that my cake will stick because I AGAIN forgot to grease and flour the pan. What if I put too much sugar?!?  Do I HAVE to really level off the top of the measuring cup?? Baking is just too stressful.  

But this was simple.  Everything from scratch with sugar, real butter, eggs, everything that's NOT low calorie.  But if you're gonna splurge, this is what you splurge on.  Period.  They are kind like homemade Suzie Q's by Little Debbie.  You know...these?


Again, way better.  Probably more fattening.  But, guaranteed made with 100% real ingredients. Just a lovely, lovely, lovely dessert.

I put Mimi in a pretty green dress for the birthday dinner.  This is the best shot I could get.  She's on the move and has NO time to pose for pictures. She's gotten to where she won't even look at me when I have the camera.  Maybe I should put down the camera for a day? Nah. 

0 comments: