Sunday, February 27, 2011

MUH.

 No cooking today.  Nothing too inspiring to share in that department.

But, tomorrow I'm making THESE for my father-in-law's 68th birthday.  Those are worth sharing.  So, I probably will.

This morning, we went to Home Depot to get our "yard" supplies for spring.  You know, fertilizer, a rake, clippers, grass seed, etc.   Man, what an exciting life we lead!!! It's so funny how life changes.  When you are a homeowner, Home Depot is really the most fun place in the world.

Then we went to CostCo, which was pretty routine.  The saddest part was I couldn't get a hot dog from the CostCo concession stand cause it's cash or check only.  I had to give the hot dog back cause I only had a debit card!  SAD!!! Those hot dogs are good! (And probably full of preservatives I might add...but at the time, I didn't care.)

Anyway, Mia and I worked in the back yard this afternoon.  I'm telling you...this girl is NOT afraid to get dirty.  She loves to play in the rocks, dirt, mud, sand, grass, anything.  And I let her.  She entertained herself (with my supervision) for 2 hours in our backyard today while I raked leaves, pulled weeds, cut back plants and clipped monkey grass.

Well, she was playing so nicely with some bowls and spoons in the dirt. Pick up dirt, put it in the bowl...pick up more dirt, put it in the bowl...dump out the bowl...repeat, repeat, repeat.  Then we saw a baby lizard! I love those things...they are the cutest!

Then Mia found a pot of potting soil that had plenty of rain in it. It was one that I grew my herbs in last spring.  I told her it was mud.  So, she played in it for 30 minutes and kept saying "MUD" or probably more like "MUH".  Point is...she loved it. 


These pictures don't even do justice how muddy she was.  These pictures were taken right after she discovered the mud.  She had it on her face, in her mouth (yuck), on her pants, in her hair...I had to throw away her shoes cause they were just FULL of mud.






So, she played for awhile and I picked her up (kicking and screaming might I add), to go inside for a bath.  Have I mentioned she is developing that year 2 "attitude?"  Oh man, it's actually kinda funny.  I just let her throw her fits, try not to laugh hysterically at her and just tell her when she is done with her fit...we can play some more.  I think she cried for 20 minutes straight when I wouldn't let her play in my makeup bag yesterday.

Anyway, we cleaned up, had a snack, watched a little Sesame Street and while I was cleaning up the kitchen, I looked over and saw this.







She crawled in her "ottoman/make shift living room toy box" and sat in there for an hour and just played with her toys.  She climbed out, and climbed back in, climbed out, climbed back in... again, again, again.  It was pretty cute to watch, actually.

But then again, what's not cute about this girl?!?!?


I think tomorrow we might play in the mud some more.

0 comments: