Thursday, February 24, 2011

No, I will not post pictures of egg salad.

I made egg salad sandwiches last night for dinner.  I did not take pictures of them.  Because if I took pictures of egg salad sandwiches and blogged about them on my cooking blog, then I seriously need to re-consider my efforts here. I'll make something awesome this weekend and share.  Maybe something by Barefoot Contessa!?!?....ooo, now I'm excited.

In other news, I let Mia do this last night while I was making dinner.


She LOVED playing in my spice "box".  Yes, I keep my spices in a box in the cupboard.  When I see those lazy susan type spice spinny things in places like Bed, Bath and Beyond and Williams-Sonoma, I think how much nicer it would be.  But then I see the price tag on one of those puppies and think my spice box works just fine.  Anyway, she had a blast shaking every. single. container.  It was adorable.  Until....she got a taste of one of the spices and she made the worst gagging sound ever.  I'm thinking it was cinnamon cause she had a little brown smudge on her cheek.  So, we had some juice and all was better.

Mia is is starting to get another cold.  I can always tell, because it starts with a few sneezes, a runny nose and then it's full on cold.  She doesn't sleep well at all when she's sick (probably because she still sleeps with a pacifier and can't breathe very well), so that means a little cold makes us all miserable and tired. I have been getting the onset symptoms of a cold, but I have been taking zicam like it's my job and that seems to always help me.  I haven't had a full on cold in a LONG time.  Zicam is the BEST! 

So, Mia is almost 15 months now and here is the face we get the most from her:


I have no idea where she got this.  She does it when she's confused, curious, mad, tired, whiny, etc.  She makes that face and says..."ooooooooooo".  It's cute.  It's even cuter when we make her laugh while she's doing it:


She smiles, realizes she can't make that face and smile at the same time and really tries to concentrate to make the "oooo" face again.  Almost like, "Don't make me laugh!!"  She's so awesome. 

You know what else is awesome? This.

0 comments: