Saturday, February 26, 2011

Boring potatoes be gone.

So, I'm not the "biggest" fan of potatoes.  Unless they are in french fry form.  I'll put it this way, when the "Thanksgiving" dinner spread is on the table and it's time to dig in...I only get potatoes if I have some room on my plate after filling up with the rest of the goodies.  Which is...never.

Well, last night...against my tastebuds, I decided I needed to make mashed potatoes. Mostly because they were cheap at the store and partly because I knew it would make JC very happy to have potatoes for dinner.  It was very nice in Dallas yesterday (and the day before...and today...) and so I bought some NY Strip steaks to grill in the backyard.  So, I decided to do something with those potatoes to go with the steaks.

Let me tell you guys...here is the answer to boring potatoes.


I had this in my fridge, leftover from some concoction I was trying to make.  Boursin Cheese.  Throw it in potatoes and oh dear lord....yum.

Here's how you do it.  Easiest thing in the world. So, I used red potatoes, cut them in fourths and boiled them (like normal).  I left the skins on for color, texture and shear laziness.  I have no desire to peel potatoes.


Then drain the potatoes, put in the Boursin cheese and use your potatoe masher to mash them.  I like creamy potatoes better, but the little girl had already went to bed so turning on the mixer to mix them was not a choice.  So, use your arm muscle and mash these with a hand masher. Here is the yummy result.  Holy moly...it's fabulous. 


I made some quick gravy to put on top too.  Here is my plate from last night, steak and all.



Yes, I eat my steak with ketchup.  Don't hate.  Nothing sets off the flavor of a steak like some ketchup.  (Double points for anyone who can tell me which movie that's from).

Here's a hint.  Okay, okay... here's the "answer."   Waiting

0 comments: