Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy.

We're there, folks.  Mia walks around all day long saying "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy" (x25 more times).  And yes, it's Mommy and Daddy now, not mama and dada.  That part I love...and I must admit when she runs to me saying Mommy and grabs onto my legs and hugs them, it just melts my heart.  I can't help but pick her up and kiss her face for 20 straight minutes.  Then she pushes me away and runs after the cat.  It's not THIS BAD, but it's mommy, mommy, mommy all day now.

Yesterday, I did what every parent in Texas does. I took pictures of Mia with the bluebonnets.  They are super sacred here and I think if you pick even one and get caught, you go to jail.  Anyway, that's what JC told me when I wanted to go pick some and put them in a vase.  They are rather pretty and just grow WILD everywhere here for about a month in the spring.  Then they're gone.  So, to take advantage of what little time I have left to photograph them, I got the camera out...took forever to get the settings to at least look okay and snapped away.  Here's what I got.








Then we stopped to smell the flowers.  I would say, "Smell the pretty flowers, Mimi" and she did this, and I thought...I have the smartest kid alive.



Then it was crab-town.  And the pictures started to look like this...




But that's okay, cause even her crabby face is cute.  After the bluebonnet pics, we went and bought some new shoes. 

2 comments:

Jill said...

Test comment!!!

Katie said...

Yay it works!!!

Funny you post family guy... it just said something about that same scene in my blog. Except Livi skips the mommy part & just says "Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi!"