Friday, April 29, 2011

The Friday List of Wonderful Things

1.  I know I have slacked off in the blog department.  BUT, on the upside, I have been super productive at my real job this week (hence no creative energy for blogging) and that makes me a happy camper and much less stressed out.

2.  I didn't get up at 4am to watch the Royal Wedding.  But I saw some highlights this morning.  Boy, is that new princess pretty.   Although, I still don't see why everyone goes gaga for Prince William.  Totally not my type.  Now, if he wore band t-shirts, played the guitar and had dark hair and tattoos...then I'd be in. 

3.  JC and I are going to a wedding this weekend and taking Mimi.  I can't wait to watch her dance on the dancefloor with the rest of the kids, I'm sure there will be lots of "falling on the butt" instances though.

4.  I haven't cooked anything awesome in a really long time.  I think it's time to kick it in gear. 

5.  My vegetable garden is growing!  Even the seeds!  The only thing that hasn't sprouted yet is the lavender and I'm sure if it'll grow at all.  I think I planted it wrong, but when I realized it, I just crossed my fingers and hoped that it would still grow. 

6.  Mia can count to three.  But only if she is walking down stairs (with help) and aligning her three rubber ducks on the bathtub ledge during bath time.

7.  I now let my crazy cat Goose outside in the backyard.  He always comes back to the door and meows when he wants in.  I think my cat is smart.  And cute.  I love watching him creep around the yard and jump in and out of bushes. I suppose it's alot like cat heaven, ya know?

8.  Be ready for posts about how to make German Chicken and Dumplings (hint: they also add ground beef), a wonderful delicious German dessert called Man Cream courtesy of my German sister in law, Iona.  Also, pictures of Mia and her half German cousin Nora Elise.  Here's a preview...

0 comments: