Wednesday, June 15, 2011

It's not my birthday...but I'll eat your cake if I want to...

A week ago, Mia went to her buddy Hugo's 2nd birthday party.  The reason why I'm blogging about it NOW is because since, she got sick with some kind of virus and we've been recuperating (ie...not sleeping much).  Anyway, we're back (except for some bad allergies nonsense) and here are the pictures of Mimi before the party.  HOW CUTE IS THIS DRESS?!?!?!





Sad story is I can't find the dress and and I think we left it there after we played in the baby pool with the other kids.  Boo. She ran around the party like it was HERS and tried to open gifts and even eat the birthday boys' cake because he didn't want it!  The girl wanted cake and she didn't see why she couldn't have his, I guess. He didn't want it and it was rainbow-colored.  How could she resist, really?  Okay, just kidding...I drug her away from the cake kicking and screaming.  We left shortly after. 

At the party, people could not believe that she is only 18 months because she is so vocal.  She probably says over 50 words (seriously) and now puts 2 words together ie: "Read it" "All done" "I do" etc.  She is even starting to make certain words plural when they need to be ie: when there is more than one ball, she says "balls."  She knows her name and last name if you ask her.  Smart cookie.

At her 18 month check up this week, they did the test to see how well she played and if she knew what certain objects were.  They gave her a car, a doll and a few blocks.  They asked if she could stack the blocks and "feed" the doll.  So, she pointed to the blocks, said "blocks", stacked them, knocked them down and said "Uh oh."  Then she pointed to the doll and said "baby" and fed her the bottle and then she said "car."

They stopped the test and said, "Yeah, I think she's good." She's a show off and its awesome!

0 comments: