Thursday, January 27, 2011

Ta-Da!

That Pioneer Woman...man, does she know her stuff!  I know, I know...you're thinking..."Jill, how original.  Every single wife/mom/girl talks about their aspirations to be Pioneer Woman because she's witty, quirky, cooks and makes living in the middle of nowhere sound so darn charming."  Well, yeah.  I guess I'm unoriginal, cause I thinks she's pretty awesome too.

Here's why.  This recipe.  This recipe alone is enough to make me become a faithful follower of her forever. 

Drip Beef Sandwiches.  There I said it.  I'd never heard of them.  Really, it's another word for French Dip...but the meat, is SO much better. 

In honor of JC's birthday (who is a lover of all things red meat), I made them. I prepared the meat the night before, had JC put it on low in the crockpot at about 12noon and by 6pm...we were in Drip Beef heaven. 

Wanna see? 


Yes, it's full of beef fat.  But it's also full of onions, beef that falls apart when you touch it and just really really really good stuff. And it's easy, and fairly inexpensive.  Most of the things you need to make it are already in your pantry.  Just a $10 3.5 pound Chuck Roast is all you need to buy, really.

The finished project.  Ta-Da!


A toasted sandwich bun, melted swiss cheese on top, and the juice to dip the sandwich in. Oh and green beans really just for decoration.  Nobody wants to eat those when you have that sandwich next to it.

Poor little Mimi is still a little sick in her tummy, so she's still doing the BRAT diet.  (Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast).  I did give her a few pieces of the beef though...because I'm not that cruel.  She kept pointing at it and whining.  So, I gave in.  And she was happy.


Drip Beef Sandwich Recipe: (I made recipe #2)

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/02/drip-beef-two-ways/

0 comments: