Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Horrible Picture...Decent Dinner

I'm not gonna go on and on and on about the sickness that has taken over my beautiful, vibrant baby girl.  I'm not gonna talk about how tired we are and how none of us has slept for more than (approximately) 4 hours a night for the last month it seems.  No...I'm not gonna talk about how there is not enough coffee in the world to keep me awake right now.  

I'm not gonna talk about it.  Instead, I'll just share this.  This is about all of the effort that I can muster to cook.  That should sum up the Talman state of affairs quite nicely.





It's not pretty.  Picture was taken on my Blackberry so the photography sucks.  Still it tasted good.  Grilled chicken, corn and tomato quesadillas with spicy sour cream dipping sauce.  It was the best I could do with the hour I had in between Mia's crying fits last night while the poor baby tried to sleep. It was a "what's in the pantry and fridge that's about to go bad so I have to cook it tonight" dinner.

In happier news, today is my hubby's birthday.  Tonight (pending any sickness catastrophes) I have planned a lovely birthday meal.  Seriously...I think I had dreams about what this is gonna taste like.  Here's a preview..

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/02/drip-beef-two-ways/ 

0 comments: