Monday, January 24, 2011

A project....

So I had this chair when I was little...cute, wooden rocking chair.

It's been in storage at my mom and dad's house and she brought it to me so I could have it.  So it stayed in Mia's room and she knows how to "rock" in it...which is adorable by the way, but probably a story for another post. 

Anyway, the seat was pretty dirty from spilled sippy cups, food, whatever me and my brother's grubby little hands got into...


So, after covering up the chair with a cute blanket, I decided to do something about it. So, Mia and I went to Hobby Lobby, spent $5.99 on cotton batting, $4.69 on 24 inches of fabric and $4.69 on some paint. 

And here's the result!







I think this chair could totally be sold in Pottery Barn Kids for probably $100.  (Cause Pottery Barn Kids is cute but seriously overpriced).  I did it for under $20!

Mia likes it too.

0 comments: