Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A dinner fit for JC...

So, here's the thing.  I like to cook (duh).  My husband likes to eat (duh).  But, sometimes my cooking tastes and his eating tastes don't always mesh.  You know in the late 90's/early 2000's when putting fruit and vinagrette on salads was the new "thing."  Yeah, he used to get mad at his mom for what he called "fruitin-izing" the salad.  He wants lettuce, ranch dressing, cheese and maybe tomatoes.  It is just his preference.

He's a "meat and potatoes" guy.  He likes home cooking, particularly red meat. 

Don't get me wrong, he eats anything I cook and always says it's wonderful, but I know him.  It may taste good, but it's not what he'd "pick" if he could choose what I would cook for him.  So, in honor of him...I made this. 

New York Strip (grilled because it's like 55 degrees in Dallas), steamed carrots and cous cous. 

He loved it.  And these were the proverbial "cherry" on top. 


Sauteed mushrooms and onions.  Simple, delicious and so easy I didn't need a cookbook.  A nice departure from Ellie Krieger...

0 comments: