Wednesday, May 18, 2011

It grows...

I have a garden. I HAVE A GARDEN!!  See?!?!? It went from this... The Beginning to...THIS!



All of those plants in the middle, were started from seeds.  I have TWO green bell peppers already growing and I've already had to cut all the cilantro and share with everyone at work.  I really hope those tomatoes come up.  That's what I am really waiting for.  Green peppers...eh...what I want are the tomatoes! 

I've kind of fallen off the bandwagon with eating "only food that is living".  That means we only eat food that shouldn't be able to stay on my shelf for 6 months and still be edible.  It has to be a plant, animal or grain that actually grows and isn't genetically modified or so laden with preservatives that the ingredient list is 2 paragraphs long.   That was my motto for so long and I guess in the midst of having a job, running a house and having a toddler...somehow...eating velveeta cheese and crappy rice-a-roni side dishes made it's way into our dinners.  I strongly feel that eating preservative-laden foods day in and day out is why many people get so many diseases and try my best to keep those to a minimum for me and my family.

But sometimes...you just need a little velveeta cheese on top of your steamed broccoli, right?  And JC and I may have eaten McDonalds after Mia went to bed last night.  I may have had a chocolate shake and two cheeseburgers.  Oh well...tomorrow is another day.

0 comments: