Friday, July 15, 2011

Friday List of Wonderful Things

Wonderful Thing #1 - We're going to Austin! Just for a night, but I'm SURE it will be full of debauchery and crazy.  Why? Cause that's what people do in Austin.  That and  be hippy liberals, which of course, is another plus for me. Mia has an overnight weekend with Uncle Bad (Brad) and Aunt Cici (Courtney).  I think all parties are excited.

Wonderful Thing #2 - I am now part of the Mom-SUV club.  Well, we got a "small" SUV, a Chevy Equinox to be exact.  As much as I love my little Honda Civic and it's out of this WORLD gas mileage and low carbon footprint, trying to pack Mia's stuff and our stuff just for one trip away is ridiculous. 

Wonderful Thing #3 - Mia plays hide and seek now and here is what she says everytime...

This whole conversation happens in a whisper:

Mia - "Shhhhhhhhhh" (with a finger to her lips)

Me- "Oh, yes...Shhhhhhhhh, I'll be quiet."

Mia - "Happened?"

Me- "What happened?"

Mia - "Fall off."

Me - "What fell off."

Mia - "Broke it."

Me - "What did you break?

Mia - "Shhhhhhhh." (with a finger to her lips)

Wonderful Thing #4 - Mia peed in her potty.  I think it's a total fluke because the second time we tried it, she walked away and then peed on the floor, but boy did we scream when that happened.  We bought a potty last weekend to have in the bathroom to talk about and play "potty" on with the intent of being serious about potty training early this fall or right around when she turns two.  She tells me when she goes poopy and she often goes and hides when she does which is a beginning sign she is ready.  How did the baby years go so fast?

0 comments: