Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Week 26



Back to the Blog! We just got back from Nebraska and had an awesome time! My baby shower was out of this world (stay tuned for more pics from my awesome sis-in-law Brandi) and I was so happy to see all of my friends with their new babies (and pregnant bellies). Think lots of pink and lots of sugar!We had a dessert buffet... But, in true rockstar fashion, we had a "concert/rockstar" theme so the tables had old records, guitar books and a great playlist put together by Katie's dad. It was the coolest baby shower I have ever been to!

We got so many great gifts that I can't even begin to think about my favorites. My great aunt Bonnie and Katie's grandma Neva made her some beautiful crocheted blankets that I think might edge out everything else, though. Lots of cute clothes, socks, shoes, onesies, etc.

We also took some "pregnant" pictures with Brandi and I can't wait to see them! She is such a talented photographer and I can't wait to see what she comes up with. I'll send you to her blog once she puts them up! Oh...and Happy early birthday to Brandi!! (She turns 23 on September 11th)

Tomorrow is the big glucose test for us...ugh. I am SO not looking forward to this. As my mom can attest, I am NOT good with taking medication (or weird orange-flavored syrup stuff) on an empty stomach, so it should be interesting. For sure I'll be starving after my appointment since I can't eat anything past midnight tonight until after my appointment is over. Everyone pray for NO gestational diabetes!! :) I'll keep you updated next week on how the appointment went.

We are moving in to our house around October 3rd and we couldn't be more excited. JC and I's 4th wedding anniversary is tomorrow and instead of buying gifts for each other, we bought something new for the house...a new bed frame!! Pretty lame, I know. BUT...ours is so old and I'm ready to throw it in the dang garbage dump. Good riddance old bedframe!

JC has been playing music for her every now and then...AND he's picked up the guitar again so he knows a few more songs to play for her after she is born. YAY! My favorite! Right now, she's listening to alot of John Mayer, mostly the Where the Light Is LIVE album. Also, Stevie Ray Vaughn is a favorite right now. She WILL come out a rockstar, believe that!

Til next time! Have a great week!

0 comments: