Thursday, June 25, 2009

We bought our first baby clothes...


Good Morning Everyone! Yesterday was the 16 week mark and I'm starting to feel little "twinges" in my stomach. It's hard to explain, but there is definitely something there. I'm kind of bummed because I found that that we wont' find out the sex of the baby at our July 8th appointment, we'll have to wait until the one after that. So...we'll all have to patient! My mother-in-law has started called the baby "Shimmy" (a combination of she and him I suppose) because nobody wants to call it "it" and "he" or "she" isn't quite right either. Ha! I bought some of our first baby clothes this past weekend at Babys R Us in Forth Worth. All yellows and greens, mostly things with Ducks on them. My favorite is this yellow ducky sleeper with little ducks for feet. It feels so warm and cozy and will be perfect in January or February after the baby gets just a bit bigger. I put a picture of it up in this post for everyone to see, along with my 16 week baby belly picture! (And mom, yes, I was making my famous "forced smile" just for you) Ha! We have been under heat advisories in the DFW metroplex for the last few days and everyone keeps asking me if the heat is really bothering me and really, it's not. Granted, I get to sit in an air conditioned office all day, then get in my air conditioned car and drive to my air conditioned home. Maybe that's why it's not bothering me at all... :) The air is pretty hazy from the heat though so we've also been in air pollution adivsories for the past few days. Usually, I can see the skyline of downtown Dallas from my office window, but it's SO hazy that I can barely see the outline....if I squint really hard. As most of you know, we're getting ready for our big trip to Europe in about 4 weeks with JC's family. I'm so excited, but I still need to check in with the doctor to see if there is anything that I need to do while I'm there or before I leave. I'll have to do some research on the closest hospitals in Germany and Italy, which foods I should avoid there, water consumption, etc. Better safe than sorry I suppose! And of course, we'll be back in Nebraska over labor day weekend for a visit and a baby shower! I can't wait to see everyone soon!!! Love you all, take care!

0 comments: