Monday, August 8, 2011

Monday List of Wonderful Things

See that?  I switched it up.  Just when you thought you knew me....

1.  I got Lasik eye surgery on Friday morning.  My eyes are still a little bloody-looking but I CAN SEE!! With no glasses.  No contacts and it was immediate results.  Surgery took about a half hour and when they made me sit up, I could see.  Seriously, it was like a Christmas miracle.  It's a whole new world for me. Plus, I got a $200 coupon to get new Maui Jim sunglasses with my surgery.  The pair I picked out cost $235.  I feel super cool.  But seriously, there are people who pay $235 for sunglasses? I could barely feel okay to pay $35 for sunglasses. Those must be the type of people who must have been affected by the recession...cause they are stupid.

2.  I am watching the Real Housewives of New Jersey.  I like this season very much.  It was shot during Christmas time and for one hour, it makes me forget that it's been 100+ degrees for 45 days straight in Dallas with no rain.  Barf.  Also, RIP anything growing in my yard and my house foundation. 

3.  I bought a surprise gift for my sister-in-law B at Anthropologie this weekend.  If I hadn't dropped my phone in the toilet on Thursday morning, I would have texted her a picture of them.  But instead, let's see if she reads the blog...HERE is what's coming to you in the mail! THESE (except all with the letter "M")

4.  Anthropologie is my favorite store at the moment.  Us hippies are pretty particular about our overpriced "quirky" and "unique" things.  This place does it best, I think.

5.  We are going to a 2 year old birthday this Saturday with Mia's buddy Brooks.  It's a pool party and so Mia and I went shopping this weekend and got him a remote control truck.  I love shopping for boys. Although, I'm SURE Mia would also love a remote control truck. She left the store with a blue ball.

6.  I made pretty awesome bruschetta tonight. 

LIST OF 1 NOT SO WONDERFUL THING

1.  Mia is not napping well at all anymore.  We have had 2 days in a row of her staying in her crib and refusing to nap. We have had a schedule of taking a nap right after lunch since she was about a year when we went from a two nap day, to a one nap day.  She has NEVER not taken a nap and unless she is sick, she always goes down easy.  Now, after lunch she is her usual tired self so I rock her, sing a few songs and lay her down and within 5 minutes, she is jumping up and down, yelling "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!.......", singing songs, crying, laughing, playing with her stuffed hippo, playing the "drum" on the sides of her crib, I mean, just goes CRAZY!  Then after doing this for 2 hours, I finally give up and take her out.  THEN, she falls asleep at like 6:30pm, wakes up at 7:45pm and doesn't get back to sleep until 10pm.  Not good for business, for anyone.  Let's hope this is a short phase.

1 comments:

b.mussack said...

Of course I read it!!!
Love you, Jill.