Monday, August 24, 2009

Lots of big things happening...and 24 weeks

Helllloooo!!!

I'm so sorry this is so darn late...but we have been SO busy these last two weeks. Football season is coming up (making JC super duper busy), work is always very busy for me and we've also been busy....BUYING A HOUSE!! That's right...we did it. We just got done with the inspection (all is well) and all we're waiting on is the appraisal and then we just wait to close in a month! OMG...we're so excited. We'll live in Plano, right near where JC grew up. Actually...our little girl will go to the exact same schools that her daddy went to...can you believe that?!? Jc is still getting used to the fact that he's back home in Plano...a place he never thought he'd end up. It's all very exciting and I'm still in shock just a little bit.

Not much is happening with the baby right now. Just kicking away all the time! It actually doesn't bother me because it reassures me that she's doing fine in there. She can kick me all she wants. One milestone we've reached is the stage of viability, the point where there is a possibility that she could survive if she happened to be born now. But...we are NOT even thinking about that, she needs to cook until at least 38 weeks.

We had an appointment last week and all was perfect, the appointment literally lasted about 15 minutes. Next appointment is the big glucose test where they check for gestational diabetes and I am NOT looking forward to that. I have to fast in the morning and drink an orange drink and then they take my blood. Hello?!? Take my blood on an empty stomach? You can bet that I will be passing out... I'll just have to lay down when they do it. We all remember the "giving plasma" incident, right? Ugh...

We've registered for our baby showers and I think we've covered everything. Now that we will have a house in a month, I have to start thinking about decorating the baby's room! I haven't even thought about it yet because I thought we would "tough" it out in our apartment until our lease was up! It's a great problem to have, but now I need to do some serious thinking about decorating. I'm thinking of doing the stick on wall decals (the really nice ones, not the cheesy/cheap ones). I'm so excited for my mom to come down and help me!

Below are some pictures of our new house. Yippee!!









2 comments:

Katie said...

Very nice!! Jealous of the bathroom!!

Sarah S said...

The house is beautiful! I love it Jill. I also love your pictures, you look great.