Sunday, August 28, 2011

Monday List of Wonderful Things

Geeeeeezzzzzzzz.  I suck at blogging.  I am super duper busy at work and I don't really know where I find time to brush my teeth, much less "blog."  But anyway, here's a look at what wonderful things we've been up to. 

Wonderful Thing #1: I made a KILLER roasted chicken, with lemons and LOTS of real butter.  See? Nobody needs to know I trussed it up with sewing thread instead of butcher's twine.


Wonderful Thing #2 - Mia and I shared a red velvet cupcake at the mall.  It was dee-lightful. 


Wonderful Thing #3 - I have been preparing for Husker football.  THROW THE BONES!!!


Wonderful Thing #4 - I have discovered the best way to make sweet potatoes.  Peel them, cube them (in equal size pieces), toss them in olive oil and sprinkle with sugar, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Bake for about an hour at 350. Trust me. 


Wonderful Thing #5 - When I ask Mia what her name is, she says "Mimi Talman."  I think she may be called Mimi her whole life instead of Mia.  That's pretty darn cute.  Also, her new favorite thing is cowboys.  We rode the carousel at the mall and the whole time she said..." Whoo Hoo....Ride em cowboy!" 


Not everything is peachy and happy.  This summer has been BRUTAL with weather.  This winter better be worth it, Dallas...that's all I have to say. 

UN-WONDERFUL THING #1 - 109 degrees.  More than once this summer.  Really? 


0 comments: